1. I’M TRAVELLING FROM OUT OF TOWN, CAN I GET A DEAL?
Alberta Beer Festivals has special deals for those travelling to Calgary for Beerfest! Check out these hotel packages:
Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South
Calgary International Beerfest patrons get discounted rates on rooms and packages at the Holiday Inn Calgary MacLeod Trail South including hot breakfast and free parking. But why drive when you can take the C-Train to Beerfest?! Located adjacent to the 39 Avenue C-Train station, you can be at the BMO Centre in minutes as the Holiday Inn is only two stops away!
Click HERE to book a room with breakfast for only $109 plus applicable taxes and fees per night
(Group Code CIB will automatically be populated when booking online).
Click HERE to book a Beerfest Package (deluxe room accommodation, 2 Beerfest Tickets and breakfast for 2) starting at $139 plus applicable taxes and fees (Please quote promotion code ISHD2 when confirming)
Fairfield Marriott Downtown
Situated right on 12th Avenue, Fairfield Marriott Calgary Downtown is within walking distance of premier area attractions, including Scotiabank Saddledome, BMO Centre, the Red Mile (17th Ave) and the Glenbow Museum.
Click HERE to book your room online to receive discounted Beerfest rates starting at $125 plus applicable taxes and fees per night, including complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Marriott Downtown Hotel
Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel affords business and leisure travelers an effortlessly chic welcome to Alberta. Calgary International Beerfest patrons get discounted rates on rooms starting at $134 plus applicable taxes and fees per night, located right in the heart of downtown across the street from the Calgary Tower!
Click HERE to book your room online to receive the ‘Beerfest 2017’ discounted rate.
Alberta Beer Festivals has special deals for those travelling to Edmonton for the beer festival! Check out these hotel packages:
Edmonton Craft Beer Festival patrons get discounted rates on rooms at the Matrix Hotel, offering an unsurpassed downtown hotel experience that is a short LRT ride to the Edmonton Expo Centre.
Click HERE to book a room that includes free parking, an extensive breakfast, Wi-Fi and wine tasting for only $150 plus applicable taxes and fees per night (Availability Calendar will automatically populate the discounted rate).
Planning on flying to our beer festivals?! WestJet is offering a 10% off the base fare* for travel into or out of Calgary or Edmonton for dates below to anywhere WestJet flies in North America. To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need the discount codes listed below. For details on how to complete a booking with these discount codes, please visit westjet.com/convention-discount. Please use the Promo and Coupon code if booking with a Travel Agent. You can change or cancel reservations within 24 hours of booking at no charge.
Web Coupon Code: MGK1QAU (For Travel Agent Web use only: YYC01)
Book by: June 10, 2017
Travel from: April 27, 2017 to June 10, 2017*
Calgary – April 27, 2017 to May 13, 2017
Edmonton – May 26, 2017 to June 10, 2017
Banff Craft Beer Festival Hotel Packages
2. I WANT TO GET MY BEARINGS, WHERE IS EVERYTHING?
Calgary International Beerfest & Calgary Oktoberfest
Both Calgary festivals are held on Stampede Park but at different venues:
– Calgary International Beerfest is held at the BMO Centre that is located at, 20 Roundup Way,
– Calgary Oktoberfest is held at the Upper Big Four Building that is located at 1410 Olympic Way SE,
All hotels are located in close proximity to downtown or Stampede Park:
– The Holiday Inn Calgary MacLeod Trail South is located at 4206 Macleod Trail
– Fairfield Marriott Downtown is located at 239 12 Ave SW
– The Marriott Downtown Hotel is located at 110 9th Ave SE, Calgary
All hotels are located close to Calgary Transit Bus Routes and the C-Train 201 Red Line that goes to the Victoria Park / Stampede Station located right beside both the BMO Centre and Upper Big Four Building.
Edmonton Craft Beer Festival & Edmonton Oktoberfest:
The hotels are less than a 10-minute drive to the Edmonton Expo Centre from downtown, but why drive when you can take the ETS LRT and arrive from downtown in less than 15 minutes!
Banff Craft Beer Festival:
The Banff Craft Beer Festival at the Cave and Basin is located at 311 Cave Ave. Banff, AB T1L 1K2. Leaving Calgary, head west on Hwy #1. Take the first exit into Banff (Banff Ave). Continue on Banff Ave. until you cross the bridge (Bow River). Turn right onto Cave Ave and continue until you reach the venue.
3. IS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE, WHAT DOES IT COST, AND WHEN DOES IT OPERATE?
Yes! Both the Calgary and Edmonton Festivals are near public transportation. Prices and schedules are subject to seasonal change, but you can visit the Calgary Transit or Edmonton Transit websites for daily rates and times.
In Banff, shuttles will be made available. Shuttle service to the festival will leave from the Official Pre-Party, Banff Ave. Brewing Co. starting at approximately 2:30 on Friday and 12:30 on Saturday. Festival patrons are asked to present their Banff Craft Beer Festival ticket to board the shuttles. You can purchase tickets to the Banff Craft Beer Festival directly from Banff Ave. Brewing Co., ask your server for details.
4. WHAT OTHER THINGS ARE THERE TO DO IN THE CITIES?
- The world famous Calgary Tower
- Epcor Centre and Theatre Calgary. You can take in a show while you visit Calgary.
- There is a surplus things to see and do along the historic Stephen Ave (8th Ave), and the Red Mile (17th Ave,) both of which have a seemingly endless directory of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, bars and entertainment venues. Stay an extra few days in Calgary, and try to take it all in! Visit Calgary Tourism for more information.
- Check out the Citadel. You can take in a show while you visit Edmonton!
- The world famous West Edmonton Mall
- There is also a surplus of fine dining, and entertainment options. Stay an extra few days in Edmonton, and try to take it all in! Visit Edmonton Tourism for more information.