1. I’M TRAVELLING FROM OUT OF TOWN, CAN I GET A DEAL?
Alberta Beer Festivals has special deals for those travelling to Calgary for Oktoberfest! Check out these hotel packages:
Fairfield Marriott Downtown
Situated right on 12th Avenue, Fairfield Marriott Calgary Downtown is within walking distance of premier area attractions, including Scotiabank Saddledome, BMO Centre, the Red Mile (17th Ave) and the Glenbow Museum.
Click HERE to book your room online to receive discounted Oktoberfest rates starting at $135 plus applicable taxes and fees per night, including complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South
Calgary Oktoberfest patrons get discounted rates on rooms and packages at the Holiday Inn Calgary MacLeod Trail South including hot breakfast and free parking. But why drive when you can take the C-Train to Oktoberfest?! Located adjacent to the 39 Avenue C-Train station, you can be at the BMO Centre in minutes as the Holiday Inn is only two stops away!
Click HERE to book a room with breakfast for only $109 plus applicable taxes and fees per night
(Group Code OKT will automatically be populated when booking online).
Alberta Beer Festivals has special deals for those travelling to Edmonton for Oktoberfest! Check out these hotel packages:
Holiday Inn Express Downtown
Edmonton Oktoberfest patrons are invited to stay downtown at the Holiday Inn Express in newly renovated rooms starting at $132 plus applicable taxes and fees per night.
Click HERE to book your room that includes a free hot breakfast buffet, easy access to the Free Press Bistro in the hotel and 90% of the rooms feature a balcony as well as a pillow top mattress (Group Promo Code will automatically be populated).
Hyatt Place Downtown
Hyatt Place Edmonton Downtown is a brand new hotel featuring 255 roomy guest rooms & suites conveniently located in the heart of Edmonton. The hotel is only 4 kms from the Edmonton Expo Centre and a short walk to the Church Hill LRT Station that will take you there!
Click HERE to book your spacious guestroom for $144.00 per room, per night that includes complimentary hot buffet breakfast from the a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, complimentary Wi-Fi and 24 hour access to the Business & Fitness Centres.
Edmonton Oktoberfest patrons get discounted rates on rooms at the Matrix Hotel, offering an unsurpassed downtown hotel experience that is a short LRT ride to the Edmonton Expo Centre.
Click HERE to receive 10% off of the Best Available Rate (bookable online only), reservations include free parking, an extensive breakfast, Wi-Fi and wine tasting.
Banff Craft Beer Festival Hotel Packages
2. I WANT TO GET MY BEARINGS, WHERE IS EVERYTHING?
Calgary International Beerfest & Calgary Oktoberfest:
Both Calgary festivals are held on Stampede Park but at different venues:
– Calgary International Beerfest is held at the BMO Centre that is located at, 20 Roundup Way,
– Calgary Oktoberfest is held at the Upper Big Four Building that is located at 1410 Olympic Way SE,
All hotels are located in close proximity to downtown or Stampede Park:
– The Holiday Inn Calgary MacLeod Trail South is located at 4206 Macleod Trail
– Fairfield Marriott Downtown is located at 239 12 Ave SW
All hotels are located close to Calgary Transit Bus Routes and the C-Train 201 Red Line that goes to the Victoria Park / Stampede Station located right beside both the BMO Centre and Upper Big Four Building.
Edmonton Craft Beer Festival & Edmonton Oktoberfest:
Both events are held at the Edmonton Expo Centre at Northlands that is located at 7515 – 118 Avenue,
– The Holiday Inn Express Downtown is located at 10010 104 St
– The Hyatt Downtown is located at 9576 Jasper Ave
– The Matrix Hotel is located at 10640 100 Avenue
The hotels are less than a 10-minute drive to the Edmonton Expo Centre from downtown, but why drive when you can take the ETS LRT and arrive from downtown in less than 15 minutes!
Banff Craft Beer Festival:
The Banff Craft Beer Festival at the Cave and Basin is located at 311 Cave Ave. Banff, AB T1L 1K2. Leaving Calgary, head west on Hwy #1. Take the first exit into Banff (Banff Ave). Continue on Banff Ave. until you cross the bridge (Bow River). Turn right onto Cave Ave and continue until you reach the venue.
3. IS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE, WHAT DOES IT COST, AND WHEN DOES IT OPERATE?
Yes! Both the Calgary and Edmonton Festivals are near public transportation. Prices and schedules are subject to seasonal change, but you can visit the Calgary Transit or Edmonton Transit websites for daily rates and times.
In Banff, shuttles will be made available. Shuttle service to the festival will leave from the Official Pre-Party, Banff Ave. Brewing Co. starting at approximately 2:30 on Friday and 12:30 on Saturday. Festival patrons are asked to present their Banff Craft Beer Festival ticket to board the shuttles. You can purchase tickets to the Banff Craft Beer Festival directly from Banff Ave. Brewing Co., ask your server for details.
4. WHAT OTHER THINGS ARE THERE TO DO IN THE CITIES?
- The world famous Calgary Tower
- Epcor Centre and Theatre Calgary. You can take in a show while you visit Calgary.
- There is a surplus things to see and do along the historic Stephen Ave (8th Ave), and the Red Mile (17th Ave,) both of which have a seemingly endless directory of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, bars and entertainment venues. Stay an extra few days in Calgary, and try to take it all in! Visit Calgary Tourism for more information.
- Check out the Citadel. You can take in a show while you visit Edmonton!
- The world famous West Edmonton Mall
- There is also a surplus of fine dining, and entertainment options. Stay an extra few days in Edmonton, and try to take it all in! Visit Edmonton Tourism for more information.