Albert Einstein once said, ‘Curiosity is more important than knowledge.’ We’re pretty sure the curiosity he was talking about didn’t involve wondering ‘where do missing socks go’, or ‘what would happen if I took a bite out of that stranger’s sandwich’ either. Alberta Beer Festivals is proud to announce that the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest is back for another year – and that means you could have the chance to experience what it is like to brew a beer from start to finish. Whether you are someone who enjoys seeking out unique experiences or a true beer fanatic – the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest is for you!
What exactly is the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest?
Brightside and Alberta Beer Festivals have partnered up to give you the chance to #BeTheBrewer! If you’ve ever wanted to be part of this amazing community, or just love new experiences, then this contest is for you!
Starting in January, you are invited to experience what it is like to run your own brewery and brew your own beer. For this year’s Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest beer, you’ll be able to vote on which beer style the beer will be, submit a name for the beer, design the label for the beer, then help brew the beer! Once again, we’ll be teaming up with the Brew Master Program at Olds College, bringing together industry leaders to share their insights into what it is like to #BeTheBrewer – and of course to help brew this year’s Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest beer.
Join us for each step of the journey for the chance to win amazing prizes – and when the beer launches in the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Lounge at the Calgary International Beerfest (first weekend in May) and the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival (first weekend in June) – you could be telling all your friends that they are drinking a beer that you helped brew!
When Does the #BeTheBrewer Contest Happen?
- U Name the #BeTheBrewer Beer
- Name Submissions: January 28th – February 4th, 2019
- Name Voting: February 5th – February 12th, 2019
- U Design the #BeTheBrewer Beer Label
- Call for beer label designs: February 13th – March 1st, 2019
- Voting for Brightside #BeTheBrewer Label: March 4th – March 11th, 2019
- U Brew the Beer – Grand-Prize winners from the Style, Name and Design stages of the contest (5 in total), along industry leaders, will be given the opportunity to join several leading brewers from Polar Park Brewing, Inner City Brewing, and the brew master students to actually brew the beer at Olds College in mid-March
- U Come to the Festival Launch Party – All winners will be invited to join the industry at ABF’s spring Festival Launch Parties, where this year’s Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest beer will be poured for the first time
- (NOTE! Anyone can enter! All entries are welcome! Use stock photos, sketch your design on a napkin, or design it on your computer – ABF’s amazing graphic artists will take the best entry and turn it into this year’s Brightside #BeTheBrewer beer label!)
Where will you be able to try the #BeTheBrewer beer?
The beer will be available at the following locations across Alberta:
- On tap at Craft Beer Market and Beer Revolution in both Edmonton and Calgary
- At select liquor store locations in Calgary and Edmonton
- In the taproom of the Olds College Brewery
- Inside the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Lounges at both the Calgary International Beerfest and the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival
What can you win in the #BeTheBrewer Contest?
Click here to see the prizes that can be won!
A HUGE thanks got our sponsors who we couldn’t put this contest on without! Thanks to Brightside, the Olds College Brew Master Program, Craft Beer Market, Beer Revolution, Harvard Broadcasting, Polar Park Brewing, Inner City Brewing, and all the other people that have made this contest possible!
For more information – or to enter the contest – go to http://albertabeerfestivals.com/be-the-brewer-contest or follow us @ABBeerfestivals