If there is one thing Canadians like to do more than say sorry, it’s talk about the weather. And if you’ve left your house in the last couple days, you’ve probably heard mention that the weather in Edmonton isn’t looking as nice as it usually does this time of year.
You may or may not have also heard that Alberta Beer Festivals is hosting their new fall event, ‘The MASHING’ this weekend at ReMax Field. ABF wants to let people know that come rain or shine, the event will still happen. With the weather being what it is, the Alberta Beer Festivals team is doing what they can to make sure you have a good time at the event no matter what it is like outside. They’ve added additional tenting and heat lamps, plus adjusted the tenting plan so that people will have event more shelter.
“Having experienced what the temperature can be like at our Banff Craft Beer Festival in late November, we know Albertans are a hardy bunch. They can handle just about anything thrown their way, especially when they’re at a beer festival,” says Trevor Bacon, Director of Communications for ABF. “It can get pretty cold up in the mountains and people have an absolutely amazing time, so what we’re looking at here this weekend, with the right clothing, will be no problem at all.”
If you haven’t heard about The MASHING yet, you might be interested to learn that ABF has evolved the concept of the ‘Sampling Event’ so you can live deeper and satisfy your cravings for all things new! THE MASHING (the common process used in brewing, distilling, and cider making) celebrates community by bringing together the best craft distilleries, breweries, restaurants and entertainment in a unique outdoor space for a tasting event unlike any other in the world!
As you enter ‘THE MASHING’ Edmonton, you’ll feel the same energy and excitement you get when you travel somewhere amazing for the first time. Around every corner, tantalizing sensations that allow you to:
- Sip and savour craft spirits, craft beer, craft cider and delicious food from amazing breweries, distilleries, cideries and eateries!
- Hear the incredible sounds of David Bradford on the Bassbus main stage and then listen to DJ Mike Tomas!
- Watch Cirque de la Nuit perform an amazing 7 min Gatsby inspired duo Cirque content piece called Femme Fatale, which features theatrics and storyline, dance, acrobatics, multi LED hoop spinning and acrobatic pole aerials!
- Enjoy movies on a giant, 5 storey screen from Fresh Air Cinema! On Friday, September 14th we’ll be showing Inception, and on Saturday, September 15th, we’ll be showing Mad Max Fury Road.
- Tap in to our Cask stage featuring one of a kind beers you won’t find anywhere else on earth!
- Connect with this amazing community as we all come together over incredible food and beverage to celebrate all the things we believe in!
- Support two amazing charities – Edmonton’s Food Bank and Kids Up Front!
- Become a star or take that amazing shot and share it on the photo wall hosted by the Camera Store!
- Experience a sampling event like no other in the world – and feel the excitement of travel right here in your own city!
Tickets and information: The MASHING – EDMONTON – September 14 & 15, 2018 @ Re/Max Field
Get tickets now at: www.showpass.com/2018-the-mashing-edmonton-2
Keep up to date with everything happening in the Alberta beer community by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram @ABBeerfestivals and use #mashingyeg