ALBERTA BEER FESTIVALS
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE STAND FOR
Alberta Beer Festivals creates the space for craft breweries and craft distilleries to share their stories, passions and products with consumers from Canada and around the world. We generate positive impacts on the craft beer and spirit industries, local charities, and within our community.
ALBERTA BEER FESTIVALS PRODUCTIONS
CALGARY INTERNATIONAL BEER FESTIVAL
The Calgary International Beerfest is not only Canada’s largest beer festival, it has grown to be one of the top 5 biggest and best beer festivals in the world. The CIBF brings together over 200 craft breweries and distilleries to showcase over 700 types of beers, spirits, ciders and meads. Hear great stories in the Brew Master Seminars, learn to cook and pair beer with food in the Cooking with Beer Seminars, explore the emerging craft distillery industry in distillery district, sample from 45+ amazing restaurants and eateries, enjoy the stages, screens and other entertainment scattered throughout the festival, and most importantly, have an amazing time!
EDMONTON CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL
The Edmonton Craft Beer Festival has grown to be one of the biggest and beer festivals in Canada, and is one of the fastest growing beer festivals in North America. The ECBF brings together over 150 craft breweries and distilleries to showcase over 400 types of beers, spirits, ciders and meads. Hear great stories in the Brew Master Seminars, learn to cook and pair beer with food in the Cooking with Beer Seminars, explore the emerging craft distillery industry in distillery district, sample from 20+ amazing restaurants and eateries, enjoy the stages, screens and other entertainment scattered throughout the festival, and most importantly, have an amazing time!
THE MASHING (EDMONTON / CALGARY)
The MASHING is unlike any other sampling event in the world! Alberta Beer Festivals wants you to live deep, celebrate community, and satisfy your cravings for all things unique and new. The MASHING (the common process in brewing, distilling, and cider making) brings together the best craft distilleries, breweries, cideries, meaderies and restaurants. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere of culture and community – with DJs, live music, mentalists, cooking demos, circus school, and so much more – you’ll be transported to a whole new world just by stepping outside your front door.
BANFF CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL
The Banff Craft Beer Festival is the most beautiful beer festival in the world! Set in the heart of the Canadian Rockies at the historic Cave and Basin, entering the festival will make you feel like you’ve been cast in the most stunning beer commercial ever. Sample amazing food from some of Banff’s world class restaurants and eateries, and taste the best Alberta’s craft breweries and distilleries have to offer.
JASPER BEER & SPIRIT FESTIVAL
Your mountain adventure awaits! The Jasper Beer & Spirit Festival, hosted at the world renowned Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, is a weekend full of flavours, adventures and fun. Your weekend package includes a welcome reception, Friday and Saturday night sampling festivals featuring amazing craft distilleries and breweries, 5 meals prepared by the world-renowned chefs from JPL, and the option to take part in a wide range of activities such as listening to some of the best brewers and distillers in the world share their stories, cooking with beer demonstrations from incredible partner chefs, a fun game of shinny on the lake, snowshoeing treks, canyon tours and more. Extend your stay with the Super Bowl package on the Sunday night to get even more out of your weekend.
Benefits of Participation in ABF Events:
- Generate positive brand assocaiton in integrating yourself into a community of over 250 local businesses in Alberta’s rapidly growing craft beer and spirit industries
- Customize your booth space to fit your marketing goals
- Take advantage of the extensive media and communications campaigns
- Gain brand exposure to 100,000+ people at our 6 annual festivals
- Heighten your visibility through positive brand exposure
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors by aligning yourself with a world class brand
People who attend ABF Festivals are:
- Active in the community:
- 91% of whom say that they go out once a month
- 76% who say they go out once a week
- 68% home owners
- 32% renters
- People that lead an active lifestyle:
- 89% said that they exercised 2 or more times per week
- People with money to spend:
- 85% said that they had an annual average household income of $100,000+
- Brand Aware:
- An amazing 98% indicated that “YES”, they would be purchasing a product they had seen at the event
WHAT DOES MY REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDE?
10’ x 10’ booth space with pipe & black draping.
A 8’ table with white table coverings & black skirting.
6 exhibitor passes/night. Emailed 2 weeks prior to event.
10 complimentary passes for Friday and 10 for Saturday to be distributed to family, friends, staff and clients – emailed 1 month prior to the event
IS THE MASHING A SAMPLING EVENT?
YES. Each sample token is worth $1.00. You will get a rebate of $0.50 per sample token that you collect.
WILL WE RECEIVE EVENT PASSES FOR VALUED CUSTOMERS?
Yes, you will receive 10 passes per night. These will be delivered approximately 1 month before each festival
I WILL NEED MY KEGS CHILLED IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Yes if your product was ordered through the official liquor store of the event it will be delivered to the venue and kept in a refrigerated truck at no additional fee. If you did not order through the official liquor store, a reefer truck will be available to store the product you brought for a fee. Please identify that requirement on the Registration Form, also note that ABF is not responsible for your product stored on the reefer truck
DO I NEED TO RENT OR PURCHASE A DRAFT SYSTEM?
Contact Craig Sorrette from Everclear for draft system questions. Email: email@example.com
REQUIRE ADDITIONAL TABLES/CHAIRS?
These are ordered through GES. Order forms will be sent upon registration
WHERE DO THE ORGANIZERS GET THE PRIZES FOR THE CHARITY RAFFLE?
As part of your registration, we ask that all vendors donate five ‘swag’ prizes for the charity to raffle off at their booth. Please drop these off at the Information Booth during set-up.
All exhibitors must only accept official Alberta Beer Festival sample tokens. No exceptions. Sample tokens will be sold to the public at 1.00 each. A minimum of two tokens must be collected per 4 oz. sample of beer/drink. Please be aware that it is NOT permitted to ‘give’ away product. Event organizers will remit 50 cents back to the vendor from each token submitted. Reimbursement will be sent within 30 days of the close of the festival.
There are NO refunds on cancellations.
In order to ensure registration, please ensure that you have the following: Completed registration form, signed rules and policies form, as well as your final tally payment.
Banff Beer Festival, Calgary International Beerfest, Jasper Craft Beer Festival, Edmonton Craft Beer Festival, The Mashing, Alberta Beer Festivals, Inc., Sponsors, and/or the host facility shall not be responsible for injury, loss or damage to persons, goods, equipment or decoration which occurs during the transportation of goods and/or other cause beyond the control of the organizers, who shall be in no way whatsoever liable.
The event organizer reserves the right to modify the layout and exhibitor spaces should the need arise. Further, it is agreed that the exhibitor will not in any way sublet booth space without consent from event organizers. It is also understood that the event organizers reserve the right to restrict, prohibit or evict any exhibitor who in the opinion of the organizer is reflecting unfavourably against the character of the festival. Exhibitors may not tear down until show close
The registrant, by execution of this document by it’s authorized representative, accepts the terms and conditions as set out and agrees to ensure compliance by its employees, agents or representatives participating in the festival.
Any of the following represent an understanding and acceptance of these rules and policies: submission of an Alberta Beer Festivals registration form, a signed rules and policies form, paid registration, participation in the event or any other indication that the organizers of the Calgary Beer Festivals deem to be acceptable.
The registrant further releases Calgary Beer Festivals, Alberta Beer Festivals Inc., Its sponsors, the organizers, the volunteers, or the venue from any and all liability arising out of the participation in the event ‘Calgary International Beer Festival’ or ‘The Mashing’ and operation of the exhibitor of the registrant.
Exhibitor registration will only be considered to be valid when it has been completed in full and mailed or faxed to Alberta Beer Festivals Inc., including all monies to be received. ‘In Full’ means fully executed Exhibitor Registration Forms, and a signed & dated ‘Rules and Policies’ page
A SIGNED CONTRACT/REGISTRATION FORM ACKNOWLEDGES THE BELOW BEER FESTIVAL RULES & POLICIES
- There is to be no over-serving of alcohol under any circumstances. If you have a problem with any patron, please inform security or the Police on site.
- Absolutely no cash transactions for alcohol are permitted.
- No free sampling. Minimum two tokens per sample.
- All persons responsible for the serving or handling of alcohol for an exhibitor booth before, during or after the event must comply with all provincial legal certification requirements and laws. 4 oz. samples.
- Serving either prior to or after the specified hours that the event is open to the public is in no way permitted.
- With the exception of exhibitor beer bottles which must be emptied into the plastic sampling cups by the exhibitors themselves, absolutely no glassware is permitted anywhere on site or under any circumstances. NO FULL BOTTLES. 4 oz. samples only, to a maximum of two.
- Each exhibitor will receive 5 event exhibitor badges and 5 exhibitor wristbands which must be presented upon entry to the event. No exceptions. Additional badges will be available upon request.
- Each exhibitor will receive 10 passes per night for each festival they are registered. More passes are available upon request at discount rates.
- Exhibitors may not share booth space without the express written consent of the show organizers.
- Food and eatery booths must obtain written permission from event organizers before distributing alcohol in any form, in compliance with the AGLC.
- Exhibitors must disclose any and all beverages/food that will be sampled by the public during the event with a minimum of one beer per booth.
- All exhibitors must abide by all local health, safety, alcohol, fire and all municipal, provincial and federal laws at their own cost.
- A minimum of two staff members must be present in each exhibitor booth at all times to ensure both safety and quality.
- All exhibitors must maintain their booths in a respectable order. This means that all exhibitors are responsible for bagging their own trash and that all recyclables/empties are neatly bagged or re-boxed. At the end of each evening, all garbage and recyclables/empties must be placed in front of your booth for pick up.
- Booths must be fully operational throughout all posted hours of the event. Any exhibitor that tears down earlier than posted event times indicated on the contract will be assessed a non- negotiable $250/hour charge.
- The organizer’s posted load in, set up, and strike load out times must be adhered to without exception. Special arrangements must be adhered to without exception. Special arrangements must be made well in advance of the event – minimum of one week from set up date. All additional charges for electricians, forklifts etc. will be charged back to that exhibitor.
- All exhibitors must have proper liability insurance in the amount of $3,000,000 (three million dollars) for participation in Alberta Beer Festivals events, and must name ‘Alberta Beer Festivals Inc.’ as additionally insured.
- Non-compliance with any of these rules and policies will result in immediate fines.