1. I’M TRAVELLING FROM OUT OF TOWN, CAN I GET A DEAL?
Alberta Beer Festivals has obtained special rates for those travelling to Calgary and Edmonton for the events, check out the great hotel and flight deals below:
Fairfield Inns & Suites Calgary Downtown is a short walk from events at Stampede Park, includes free hot breakfast buffet served daily, 24-hour fitness centre, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, moveable work desks and plush beds. The Fairfield Inns & Suites Calgary Downtown accommodations will ensure you always feel at home.
CALGARY INTERNATIONAL BEERFEST – Click HERE to book a room for a special rate that is only available online, starting at $129 plus applicable taxes and fees. Alternatively guests may phone in to book via the 24hr central reservations desk at 1-888-236-2427, rooms must be booked by April 9, 2020.
Hotel Arts has become a place where locals and tourists alike feel like they belong. This modern upscale hotel has stylish decor, and modern comfort all within walking distance to downtown and the festivals at Stampede Park. Hotel amenities include a NEW outdoor pool and a fitness centre, as well as event space, heated underground parking (surcharge) and complimentary use of cruiser bikes!
MASHING CALGARY – Click HERE to book a room for a special rate that is only available online, starting at $155 plus applicable taxes and fees.
Patrons are invited to stay downtown at the Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown in newly renovated rooms that include a free hot breakfast buffet, free high-speed, wired and wireless internet and 90% of the rooms feature a balcony!
EDMONTON CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL – Click HERE to book a room for a special Beer Festival rate of $129 plus applicable taxes and fees per night that is only available online.
Situated in the heart of the Edmonton Downtown core, Crash Hotel is one of the trendiest, busiest, and all round unique experiences in the Edmonton downtown core. With unique themed rooms and a lobby that can indulge in any desire you have – we are the place to Crash Land on your next trip to Edmonton.
EDMONTON CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL – Click HERE for 25% off all rooms for the May 28- May 31 2020 Beer Festival weekend.
Banff Craft Beer Festival Hotel Packages – COMING FALL 2020
Need to fly to the Calgary International Beerfest or the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival? WestJet is offering up to 10% off fares* for travel to our beerfests!
To take advantage of this offer, you will need to use coupon code Q71JN58 when booking flights ONLINE.
Travel from: April 25 – May 7, 2020 – Calgary
Travel from: May 23 – June 3, 2020 – Edmonton
2. I WANT TO GET MY BEARINGS, WHERE IS EVERYTHING?
Calgary International Beerfest & Calgary Mashing:
Both Calgary festivals are held on Stampede Park but at different venues:
– Calgary International Beerfest is held at the BMO Centre that is located at, 20 Roundup Way,
– Calgary Oktoberfest is held at the Upper Big Four Building that is located at 1410 Olympic Way SE,
All hotels are located in close proximity to downtown or Stampede Park:
– The Holiday Inn Calgary MacLeod Trail South is located at 4206 Macleod Trail
– Fairfield Marriott Downtown is located at 239 12 Ave SW
All hotels are located close to Calgary Transit Bus Routes and the C-Train 201 Red Line that goes to the Victoria Park / Stampede Station located right beside both the BMO Centre and Upper Big Four Building.
Edmonton Craft Beer Festival & Edmonton Mashing:
Both events are held at the Edmonton Expo Centre at Northlands that is located at 7515 – 118 Avenue,
– The Holiday Inn Express Downtown is located at 10010 104 St
– The Hyatt Downtown is located at 9576 Jasper Ave
– The Matrix Hotel is located at 10640 100 Avenue
The hotels are less than a 10-minute drive to the Edmonton Expo Centre from downtown, but why drive when you can take the ETS LRT and arrive from downtown in less than 15 minutes!
Banff Craft Beer Festival:
The Banff Craft Beer Festival at the Cave and Basin is located at 311 Cave Ave. Banff, AB T1L 1K2. Leaving Calgary, head west on Hwy #1. Take the first exit into Banff (Banff Ave). Continue on Banff Ave. until you cross the bridge (Bow River). Turn right onto Cave Ave and continue until you reach the venue.
3. IS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE, WHAT DOES IT COST, AND WHEN DOES IT OPERATE?
Yes! Both the Calgary and Edmonton Festivals are near public transportation. Prices and schedules are subject to seasonal change, but you can visit the Calgary Transit or Edmonton Transit websites for daily rates and times.
In Banff, shuttles will be made available. Shuttle service to the festival will leave from the Official Pre-Party, Banff Ave. Brewing Co. starting at approximately 2:30 on Friday and 12:30 on Saturday. Festival patrons are asked to present their Banff Craft Beer Festival ticket to board the shuttles. You can purchase tickets to the Banff Craft Beer Festival directly from Banff Ave. Brewing Co., ask your server for details.
4. WHAT OTHER THINGS ARE THERE TO DO IN THE CITIES?
– The world famous Calgary Tower
– Epcor Centre and Theatre Calgary. You can take in a show while you visit Calgary.
– There is a surplus things to see and do along the historic Stephen Ave (8th Ave), and the Red Mile (17th Ave,) both of which have a seemingly endless directory of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, bars and entertainment venues. Stay an extra few days in Calgary, and try to take it all in! Visit Calgary Tourism for more information.
– Skiing – Mt Norquay, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise will all be open for the season.- – Alpine Ski World Cup Racing will be happening in Lake Louise on November 28th.
– Banff Hot Springs.
– The Red Earth Spa at the Caribou Lodge is a great place for people to relax before or after the festival