There is so much more than Craft Beer & Spirits at one of the fastest growing beer festivals in the world!
Unless you’ve attended the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival before, you might not realize just how fast it has grown or all the different elements to it. ‘So much goes on at the event, it really is a festival anyone can enjoy,” says Mark Kondrat, CEO of Alberta Beer Festivals.
With the festival fast approaching, here are our top 5 reasons to attend the event this year:
1. Beer! There is the beer of course with over 130 breweries to sample and enjoy. ‘Alberta has always enjoyed a great import beer selection, and with the rapid expansion in the number of craft breweries in the province, we now have an equally impressive local beer scene,’ adds Kondrat. With new launches, one-of-a-kind casks, and seasonals, Beerfest might be your only chance to sample some of these incredible beers. And title sponsor Sobeys Liquor will have a store on site, so when you’re ready to leave, you can take your new favorite beer with you.
2. So Much More to Drink and Eat! This year will feature the Craft Distillery District, a new micro-event within the festival. Craft Distillery District will showcase a dozen of Alberta’s craft distillers – an industry growing almost as quickly as the craft beer industry. Sample these spirits and even check out a working still. Add that to the more than 15 fantastic local pubs, restaurants, and eateries, along with ciders, meads, and a few other mixed beverages, and you have yet another reason this festival appeals to everyone.
3. Entertainment! Back again this year is the award winning ATB Beer University. With more and more people wanting to learn where their food and beverage come from, Beer U is the perfect place to experience the grains-to-glass concept. With a new cask stage, industry leaders, and the ability to take the MBA quiz (Masters of Beer Appreciation), this is one school you’ll want to attend. And it wouldn’t be a festival without great local entertainment. Check out fantastic live music on the Sherlock Holmes stage, and watch the game on the 16’ screen in the sports lounge.
4. Learn from the Best! The festival has two amazing seminars to enjoy. The ever-popular Craft Brew Master seminar allows you to hear the stories behind the brewers, the breweries, and the beers. The Rickard’s Cooking with Beer seminar features food pairings and cheese pairings – and new this year – chocolate and beer pairings!
5. Community! Nothing brings people together like good food and beverage. Think about how you get people to help you move – buy them beer. Need to celebrate something great in your life or discuss big events? Get together for a beer. The Edmonton Craft Beer Festival is all about community – having fun together – celebrating Edmonton and Alberta together. And every ABF event supports charities. Every year, ABF (Alberta Beer Festivals) donates tickets for its events to over 70 Alberta charities/organizations to help with fundraising – and their two charities of choice are once again Kids Up Front and Edmonton’s Food Bank (Please remember to bring a non-perishable food item when you come!). It takes over 200 volunteers and organizers ten months and countless hours to put together this festival – it is a festival Edmonton and Alberta can be proud of.
EDMONTON CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL – JUNE 2nd AND 3rd AT NORTHLANDS EXPO CENTER
Get Tickets At: www.myshowpass.com/2017-edmonton-craft-beer-festival
Keep up to date with everything happening in the Alberta beer community by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram at @ABBeerfestivals
To get the most out of your Beerfest experience, download the JustBeer APP for an interactive map, times of important highlights at the festival, a full exhibitor list, and keep track of your favorite beers at the event.
Thanks and we’ll see you at the event!