DRESS UP AT OKTOBERFEST AND WIN!
- September 13, 2016
- 0 Comment(s)
By Bill Robinson on Sept 12, 2016
Alberta Beer Festivals wants to send you and a friend to the Banff Craft Beer Festival in November! Everyone who dons a Dirndl or layers some Lederhosen at either Calgary Oktoberfest or Edmonton Oktoberfest will receive a ballot to enter a trip for 2 to the Banff Craft Beer Festival! The prize includes a 2 night hotel stay at one of the Banff Lodging Co. properties, 2 Weekend VIP passes to the event, and sample tokens.
Looking for outfit ideas? Check out these links from our partner APP JustBeer!
– How to Pick Lederhosen for Oktoberfest https://justbeerapp.com/article/how-to-pick-lederhosen-for-oktoberfest
– How to Pick the Perfect Dirndl for Oktoberfest https://justbeerapp.com/article/how-to-pick-the-perfect-dirndl-for-oktoberfest
On a budget but still want to get dressed up? No problem! Here are some simple outfit ideas:
Lederhosen: It is Oktoberfest-proven that when you wear lederhosen, your bier tastes better and the frauleins will find you irresistible. This ensemble is very easy to put together on your own. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Shorts (leather if you can find them, but it isn’t necessary)
– Pair of suspenders
– An open-necked shirt or t-shirt of your choice
– Knee high socks
– Brown or black dress shoes or boots
– Hat with feather (available for sale at Oktoberfest)
Dirndl: This traditional dress is German-engineered to highlight every woman’s assets. You can start from scratch or use a dress you already have and turn it into a dirndl. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Peasant dress or a flowing skirt and blouse combination
– Bra-less Corset
– Knee high socks
– Black shoes
There you have it, wear any version of Lederhosen or Dirndl to Oktoberfest and you’ll receive a ballot to win a Banff Craft Beer Festival prize pack including 2 nights accommodation at a Banff Lodging Co. hotel, VIP passes to the event, and tokens! Use promo code OUTFIT15 and you’ll get 15% off tickets at www.albertabeerfestivals.com.