It’s almost that time again! When it comes to mountain adventures – the Banff, Jasper and Revelstoke beer festivals are 3 of the best in the world. With their amazing eateries, incredible range of outdoor activities, and majestic views, Banff, Jasper and Revelstoke are already three of our favourite places to get away – the only thing that could make a visit better is going when one of the top ranked beer festivals in the world is happening at the same time.
Each of these festivals has features that make them unique – so odds are you’ll want to try them all. But be warned – these intimate experiences are popular – tickets and space are limited – so if you’re one of those people who is always striving to make the best memories – avoid disappointment and be ready when tickets go on sale September 12th.
Here’s a little preview of what makes each of these festivals great:
BANFF CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL – NOV 24-26 – CAVE & BASIN
The Banff Craft Beer Festival is widely considered the most beautiful beer festival in the world. Every year, people travel from around the world to make sure they don’t miss this special event. Set at the historic Cave and Basin – birthplace of Canada’s National Parks – this castle-like heritage site converts into an epic event space – here are just some of the highlights that make this festival great:
- Guided Lantern Tours – See what stirred up all the excitement back in 1883 when 3 railway workers discovered an entrance to a cave and lowered themselves in to find the hot springs inside. The first 150 people to sign up each day will get to take a lantern led cave tour to see where it all began. Cave tours start 15 minutes after the doors open, and run every 10 minutes for an hour each session of the festival.
- Beer and So Much More – The number of Alberta breweries and distilleries has tripled in the last 5 years, and ABF has come up with some pretty interesting ways to fit more of them into the event. You’ll be able to sample from over 55 of Alberta’s craft breweries, eateries and distilleries in 4 distinct areas of this historic landmark.
- Expanded Shuttle Service – We’ve heard people describe the shuttle service that takes them from Banff Ave. Brewing out to the event as the ‘beginning of an adult field trip to somewhere amazing.’ To accommodate demand, we have added extra shuttles, and we are working with the Town of Banff to make traffic flow more efficiently, so you can enjoy more of your night at the event, and less time getting there. If you’re in more of an adventurous mood – you can take advantage of the new bridge connecting Central Park to the Stables making it a relatively short walk to the Cave and Basin from town.
- Beyond the Beverages – With DJs, live music, delicious samples from some of Banffs best eateries and restaurants plus so much more – there is no shortage of things to do at the festival. And this year’s event will again support our Charity of Choice – Rocky Mountain Adaptive.
- The event runs Thursday, November 24th from 5pm to 10pm, Friday, November 25th from 5pm to 10pm, and Saturday, November 26th from Noon to 4pm, and 5pm to 9pm. For tickets and more information go to albertabeerfestivals.com/festivals/banff-craft-beer-festival
JASPER BEER & SPIRITS FESTIVAL – FEB 10-12 – FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
Put the GREAT back in the Great Outdoors at the Jasper Beer & Spirits Festival! Actually, put the GREAT back in the Great Indoors too while you’re at it. This festival is part outdoor adventure, part indoor delicious experiences, and part opportunity to tell better stories about your mountain adventure! Here are a few of the highlights to get you excited about the weekend:
- 2 Festival Grand Tastings – Each evening of the 2 night festival will feature an incredible line up of tantalizing craft beers, spirits and RTD (Ready to Drink) beverages to sample, as well as succulent foods prepared by the amazing chefs at JPL!
- Guest Ambassador – This year’s Guest Ambassador is Sean Pronger – former NHL player, author, and hilarious guest speaker. Often referred to as the ‘Journeyman’ Sean will share some classic stories about his adventures.
- Outdoor Adventures – from canyon hikes to snowshoe treks, and shinny on the lake to beautiful views from the incredible outdoor hot tub, you’ll be able to embrace all that makes Jasper one of the most beautiful places on earth
- Indoor Adventures – During the day, you can do some bends and brews at our yoga and beer session, watch cooking demos from top chefs, and even sample and help vote for this year’s Iron Brewer
- Make the Weekend Super – Extend your stay on Sunday at a great rate and enjoy an incredible Super Bowl party experience – with giant screens, amazing food, prizes, and more
- There are two ways to enjoy the festival – you can purchase tickets for the Grand Tastings for either Friday or Saturday night – this gets you access to the sampling event and includes all beverages at the event as well as all your food prepared by the incredible chefs at JPL. If you’re looking for the full experience, you’ll want to purchase the weekend package that includes: 2 nights accommodation at JPL, 2 nights of the Great Tastings, all your meals from Friday evening to Sunday morning, and access to all the great indoor and outdoor events throughout the weekend.
- The event runs from Friday, February 10th to Sunday, February 12th at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. For information as well as how to purchase tickets and packages, go to albertabeerfestivals.com/festivals/jasper-beer-and-spirits-festival
REVY BEERFEST – MAR 31 – APRIL 1 – REVELSTOKE MOUNTAIN RESORT
The only thing better than an incredible beer festival might be an incredible beer festival held at the midpoint of one of the greatest ski hills in North America!! Hosted at the mid-mountain lodge of Revelstoke Mountain Resort, you’ll have the option of either riding the Revelation Gondola up to the festival or, if you are hitting the hill that day, skiing or boarding right up to the door. Here is some of what you can expect at the highest beer festival in the world:
- Held at the mid-mountain lodge, you’d be hard pressed to find a more stunning view than the one you’ll get from the deck of the valley below. You might be coming for the festival – but make sure you take some time to visit the deck to take in the majestic views.
- The festival will have a wide selection of breweries, distilleries, meaderies and RTDs (Ready to Drink beverages) for you to sample. There will also be a fantastic selection of food to sample – prepared by the incredible chefs at RMR. There will be entertainment and so much more to enjoy at the festival as well – the vibe will be incredible!
- Come early and stay late! To get up the hill in time for the start of each session, we recommend you arrive early – and you can stop by the Rockford Grill or the Mac Tavern before you head up the hill. The official after party will be going in the RMR village at the Mac and Rockford so make sure you plan to stick around!
- There will be shuttles from town out to the festival, but an even better option would be to take advantage of the great rates RMR is offering to stay up on the hill. Book a package and get the most out of your experience.
- Revy Beerfest happens March 31st and April 1st. For more information and to get your tickets or hotel packages for this exclusive event, visit albertabeerfestivals.com/festivals/revelstoke-beerfest
Each of these three mountain festivals has something special to offer – and each one makes for an epic excursion! But remember – these unique and intimate festivals have limited spots – so you’ll want to get your tickets and hotel packages booked as soon as possible – don’t delay – your mountain adventure awaits!
Get tickets here – albertabeerfestivals.com/tickets/
President – ABF
Not Receiving Our Email Announcements? Add email@example.com to your approved senders list and never miss an update!
Also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @abbeerfestivals for the latest updates.