Gift-giving is hard – at least good gift-giving is. So if you’re struggling to find a great gift – or you’re someone who needs to start dropping hints to avoid getting yet another sweater for your cat that died three years ago (feel free to insert a different bad gift example here if that one isn’t to your liking…) then look no further because the team at ABF has made your life – and Christmas shopping – that much easier with their list of 12 amazing beer themed gifts.
Want to find out which amazing gift came in at #1? Go ahead and scroll down to check – we won’t tell!
- Beer Advent Calendar – This one would be higher up the list if there weren’t so many amazing options out there it hurts my brain – but maybe you’re the ‘Lone Wolf’ type who loves to carve your own path. Maybe you’ll throw caution to the wind and shout from the rooftops, “I can overcome the adversity of so many great Beer Advent Calendar options and you can’t stop me!” Your neighbours will wonder what you’re yelling about, but in principle, you won’t be wrong. Here are 3 of our favourite beer advent calendar options.
- Craft Beer Kit – Are you a confident person who believes they can do anything if they put their mind to it? Have you been thinking to yourself, “What do those brewers have that I don’t?” Well beyond the years of training, access to top-end equipment and the mandatory brewer’s beard, it’s nothing a home brew kit can’t fix! And who knows, once you master the whole brewing thing, maybe you can try your hand at dentistry, engineering or brain surgery (yeah, we get the irony of that last example…)
- Beer Flight Glasses and Paddle – Are you someone who wishes they could sample a variety of beers but ends up mixing them all together because you only have one glass? Well, swamp-water your beer no longer! Get this beer flight with 4 different styles of glasses and a beer paddle – it’s like getting two gifts in one!
- Beer Lover Playing Cards – What do you get for that beer lover who also enjoys playing cards? Probably the first thing you want to do is get them a beer, because you can’t drink playing cards, but definitely get them the cards after that because you just said you know they like playing cards – and they know you know they like playing cards – so it would be kind of awkward if you didn’t get them the cards. But after the beer you got them.
- Custom Engraved Beer Glasses – Are you tired of using masking tape to write on your beer glasses, only to have it come off again and again each time you wash your glass? You do wash your beer glasses… right? Now you can engrave a beer glass with a personalized message. Let your imagination run wild! Put your name on there – or better yet – give your beer a name – then you could say things like, “I’m going to go drink a Steve!” (Sexual innuendo unintended – but still funny…)
- Growler with Tap – Is the person you’re shopping for one of those people who keeps saying things like, “I’d love to drink some beer from this growler if only I didn’t have to go to all the trouble of taking the cap off first,” then do we have a gift idea for you! Now you too can save valuable seconds in the race to get that first sip, plus get a pretty average wrist workout with this growler with beer tap.
- A Crow Drinking Beer T-Shirt! Great Right? The Robbie Vergaras Printing & Design Co. has created a cool play on words beer-themed t-shirt Mi-Crow Brew. And who knows, this might be your first step in training a crow to bring you a beer…. (disclaimer – trying to train a crow to bring you a beer might be a really bad idea…)
- Beer and Socks? My cold little toesies say yes, please! The Friday Sock Co. has a few variations of beer-themed socks. Check out their wide range of beer-themed socks! Not only will your feet be warm – but at your next Christmas party, when someone comments on your beer-themed socks, you can say in a pithy voice, “Funny story.” (Disclaimer – you’re on your own for the funny story. We’re only here to provide gift ideas.)
- Wait…What’s Better? Beer and socks OR Beer and COOKIES?! (disclaimer, I’m hungry as I write this and I can’t eat socks – sorry socks). Maybe it is time to channel your inner kindergarten kid and make your gift! Check out this recipe that combines two of life’s great treasures – cookies and beer. (your tongue will thank me – and you should too if you have any manners…)
- Beer Bread – Do you ever walk past a bakery and think the place smells like happiness? Of course, you do. Now just imagine how cool you’ll be this Christmas if you could create that same feeling in your house. (Move over Auntie Mildred – there’s a new good smell maker in town!) The team at Lazy Bake has bread-making kits that are so easy to put together, all you need is the kit, an oven, a can of beer, a bowl, a spoon and two hands (or one if, you know, that’s all you’ve got….). Lazy Bake kits can be found at retailers across the province or you can order kits online.
- Sweet Botanical Beer Vinegar – Sound like something brewed in Snape’s Potions class? Sure does – and how cool is that?! This botanical vinegar not only reduces brewery waste by recycling rejected craft beer, it then ferments the beer for 6 to 12 months, adds some fresh botanicals, then ferments for another 2 months, and presto (magic term) you’ll have a delicious vinegar you can use on fries, in salad dressings, or in just about any way your Hogwartian mind can concoct. Check it out and order online!
The Gift of Something to Look Forward To! – Tired of watching your uncle Larry get more socks even though he lost his legs in that combine accident? We hear you! Instead, why doesn’t someone get Uncle Larry a gift he can look forward to? With five of the biggest and best beer festivals in the world – ABF has something for everyone. Want to sample from hundreds of craft beers, spirits, ciders, RTDs and meads – plus enjoy delicious food, entertainment, games and more? Can you think of a better gift? Of course not! That’s why you need to get the people you truly care about (and that should include yourself) tickets to the Edmonton or Calgary Beer Festivals. Want to take it a step further and find your mountain adventure? Check out their Banff, Jasper and Revelstoke festivals.
No matter who you are, where you are, or how you celebrate, the team at ABF wishes you a safe and happy holiday!
President – ABF
Not Receiving Our Email Announcements? Add email@example.com to your approved senders list and never miss an update!
Also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @abbeerfestivals for the latest updates.