How did Edmonton Oktoberfest become The MASHING Edmonton?
- September 10, 2018
- 0 Comment(s)
You may have noticed that Alberta Beer Festivals has announced some big changes to their fall festival line up and you might be wondering why. “There were 2 types of people who came to our fall Oktoberfest events in the past,” says Mark Kondrat, CEO of ABF. “They were either people expecting to sample a wide range of craft beers, spirits, and ciders like they can do at our other events, or they were people expecting a full mug – more traditional Oktoberfestival experience. Over the years, we tried several different methods (paddles, 2 different sampling lines, etc.) to balance the two distinct expectations people came with. This year, we’re very excited to announce that our big fall event will now be known as ‘The Mashing’ and we really think we’ve built something special.”
If The Mashing is your new fall event, will there still be an Oktoberfest?
Yes! We’ve teamed up with the great crew at Craft Beer Market to do a one day Oktoberfest event on September 29th. This will be a full pint event (though we will have some special sampling flights to give it that ABF touch). We’ll be doing all the things you loved about our Oktoberfest events (dirndl, lederhosen, music, dancing, food, beer etc.) AND we’ll be giving away a trip to the Toronto Oktoberfest including flight, hotel, and a GC to Craft in TO). More details to follow soon.
So what is The Mashing?
ABF has evolved the concept of the ‘Sampling Event’ so you can live deeper and satisfy your cravings for all things new! THE MASHING (the common process used in brewing, distilling, and cider making) celebrates community by bringing together the best craft distilleries, breweries, restaurants and entertainment in a unique outdoor space for a tasting event unlike any other in the world!
As you enter ‘THE MASHING’ Edmonton, you’ll feel the same energy and excitement you get when you travel somewhere amazing for the first time. Around every corner, tantalizing sensations that allow you to:
- Sip and savour craft spirits, craft beer, craft cider and delicious food from amazing breweries, distilleries, cideries and eateries!
- Hear the incredible sounds of David Bradford on the Bassbus main stage and then listen to DJ Mike Tomas!
- Watch Cirque de la Nuit perform an amazing 7 min Gatsby inspired duo Cirque content piece called Femme Fatale, which features theatrics and storyline, dance, acrobatics, multi LED hoop spinning and acrobatic pole aerials!
- Enjoy movies on a giant screen from Fresh Air Cinema!
- Tap in to our Cask stage featuring one of a kind beers you won’t find anywhere else on earth!
- Connect with this amazing community as we all come together over incredible food and beverage to celebrate all the things we believe in!
- Support two amazing charities – Edmonton’s Food Bank and Kids Up Front!
- Become a star or take that amazing shot and share it on the photo wall hosted by the Camera Store!
- Experience a sampling event like no other in the world – and feel the excitement of travel right here in your own city!
What else do I need to know?
The MASHING – EDMONTON – September 14 & 15, 2018 @ Re/Max Field
Get tickets now at: www.showpass.com/2018-the-mashing-edmonton-2
Keep up to date with everything happening in the Alberta beer community by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram @ABBeerfestivals and use #mashingyeg