(Hint – It’s More Than One Thing…)
The team at Alberta Beer Festivals often gets asked which of their 6 festivals is their favorite – and the answer is always the same – the festival we are at! We love all our festivals, and each one has things that make it special.
The Banff Craft Beer Festival is more than just great spirits, great food and great beer – it’s a chance to dive into the past and seek new adventures! The Most Beautiful Beer Festival in the World once again takes place in the most beautiful place in the world – the Cave and Basin historic site in Banff National Park. Ever since 3 railway workers stumbled upon the site in 1883 creating Canada’s first national park, the Cave and Basin has been a place of adventure and discovery.
“Every year the event sells out, and every year, it gets better and better,” says Dillon Stecyk, Director of Sales and Interns for Alberta Beer Festivals. “We’ve expanded things to make the event even bigger this year – in the new area, we’ve added breweries, distilleries, eateries and lots of entertainment.”
“This event has a special place for anyone who has ever attended,” says Mike Durnie, ABF’s Director of Logistics. “Within days of last year’s event ending, we were already getting calls about when this year’s event would go on sale. People plan trips from around the world to make sure they are at this festival.”
Some of this year’s highlights include:
- Lantern Guided Cave Tours – the first 150 people to sign up each day will get to take a lantern led cave tour to see where it all began. Cave tours start 15 minutes after the doors open, and run every 10 minutes for an hour each session of the festival.
- Expanded Shuttle Service – We’ve heard people describe the shuttle service that takes them from Banff Ave. Brewing out to the event as the ‘beginning of an adult field trip to somewhere amazing.’ To accommodate demand, we have added shuttle capacity, and we are working with the Town of Banff to make traffic flow more efficient so you can enjoy more of your night at the event.
- Thursday night is locals night! – Since the event sells out every year, ABF has designated Thursday night as locals night, and right now Thursday tickets are on sale for only $19.99.
- Having more amazing Alberta breweries and craft distilleries – the number of Alberta breweries and distilleries has expanded rapidly in the last few years, and ABF has come up with some pretty interesting ways to fit more of them into the event. You’ll be able to sample from over 50 of Alberta’s craft breweries, eateries and distilleries in 5 distinct areas of this historic landmark.
- Incredible live music, DJs and more all in this incredible mountain setting!
We’ll also be keeping all the things that made this such a great event in the first place. Throughout the night people can sample amazing food from some of Banff’s best pubs and restaurants, and of course try offerings from Alberta’s own breweries and distilleries!
The BANFF CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL runs:
Thursday, November 21st, 2019 (5pm-10pm)
Friday, November 22nd, 2019 (5pm-10pm)
Saturday, November 23rd, 2019 (12pm-4pm & 5pm-9pm)
Tickets are on sale now and selling fast, get tickets now at: https://albertabeerfestivals.com/tickets/
Ticket and hotel packages are also available at: www.bestofbanff.com/banff-beer-festival
For more information about our festivals, visit us at www.albertabeerfestivals.com. And to keep up with everything in the ABF community, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram at @ABBeerfestivals and tag #BanffBeerfest
Thanks and we’ll see you at the event!