Is it your ‘Destiny’ to name this year’s Brightside #BeTheBrewer beer? We think it might be…..
Anyone who says a name isn’t important should ask themselves, ‘Have I ever heard of a president or Nobel Prize winner called Destiny, Chase or Misty?’ Point made.
We’ve all tried to name something at some point in our lives. Maybe you’ve named a car, (I miss you Stephanie!), a kid (hopefully your own), a pet (R.I.P. P-Diddy, you were a great fish), or a partner’s special body part (like their eyes – get your mind out of the gutter!). Regardless of what you’ve tried to name, have you ever been rewarded for it? Probably not.
Well Brightside and Alberta Beer Festivals want to give you the positive naming experience you’ve always craved! In Stage 1 of the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest , the people have spoken and the beer style we are going to brew this year is a Hefeweizen
Now we want you to name that beer. Brightside and ABF believe the name of this year’s beer is key to giving it an identity, and in turn, getting people to try it. We’ve put together a few tips to help you name this year’s beer:
- Make It Catchy – Something memorable and attention grabbing while keeping it classy
- Make it Easy to Pronounce – If people can’t say it, they won’t want to drink it
- Connect It to the Style – The name has to feel like a natural fit with the style of beer it represents
- Think of the Imagery – The next stage of the contest is to design the label, so consider what might fit with the name.
- Google It – You’ll want to make sure your idea is an original and not being used by someone else.
If your name is chosen, not only will you have bragging rights, you’ll also win some amazing prizes – including the chance to help brew the beer then show it off to your friends in the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Lounge at the Calgary International Beerfest (May 3/4) and the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival (May 31/June 1).
Have any of the other things you’ve tried to name in your life ever done that for you? Didn’t think so.
Check out the Brightside #BeTheBrewer Contest Here: https://albertabeerfestivals.com/be-the-brewer-contest/
#BetheBrewer @abbeerfestivals @hibrightsider