August 11, 2020 – ABF is rescheduling the Calgary International Beerfest and Edmonton Craft Beer Festival
There is an old Toaist story about a monk who is making dinner for a general. The general repeatedly asks, ‘When is dinner going to be ready?’ The monk repeatedly answers, ‘Not long now.’ This went on for a while – and when the monk finally brings out the soup, the general exclaims, ‘This is the best soup ever! What is your secret?’ to which the monk responds, ‘Making you wait so you would appreciate it.’
Now, unlike the monk, Alberta Beer Festivals is not making anyone wait for our festivals on purpose, but we do think they are worth waiting for and we know they will be that much more amazing because we will appreciate them more when they do come back.
With all that in mind, ABF will be rescheduling both the Calgary International Beerfest and the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival to May of 2021. After thorough conversations with different levels of government and specialists within the event industry, we have made this difficult decision in order to keep everyone in our #AlbertaBeerFamily safe.
Here are a few things to please keep in mind:
- Calgary International Beerfest rescheduled dates are April 30th and May 1st, 2021
- Edmonton Craft Beer Festival rescheduled dates are May 28th and May 29th, 2021
- All tickets will be transferable – so if you purchased a ticket or tokens for 2020, it will be good for 2021. There is nothing you need to do at this time and the tickets will automatically be valid.
- Transfer your tickets to a friend – tickets and tokens are fully transferable – you don’t have to do anything – just share the PDFs with someone and make their day/week/month/year/decade…..
- Use your ticket at an alternate city (ie. You have Calgary tickets but want to switch to Edmonton event because that weekend works better or you have Edmonton tickets but want to switch to Calgary tickets because that weekend works better) – Please contact us if you wish to switch cities.
- We are not offering refunds for these events and we appreciate your understanding in this matter. We are a small company and have not laid off any of our staff during this time. We continue to work hard to support the craft beer and spirit industry that we love.
- We value each of you and thank you for your continued support. We’ve always appreciated those who supported us, but it is in difficult times you really learn how important that support is.
Thank you again for supporting ABF and we will continue to update you as more information comes available.
President – ABF
Not Receiving Our Email Announcements?
Add email@example.com to your approved senders list and never miss an update!