There are lots of things we‘ve missed the past 18 or so months. Some have been great, like the need to wear pants to meetings (‘No need for pants on a Zoom call! #AmIRight?). But others, like the chance to gather as a community, have been hard. That’s why we’re glad to say, after extensive planning of safety protocols (check the link below for more details) that Beerfest is back! The Calgary International Beerfest returns to the BMO Centre on Stampede Park this coming October 15th & 16th. (https://albertabeerfestivals.com/alberta-beer-festivals-health-safety-event-plan/)
In anticipation of Beerfest’s return, we’ve put together the top 5 reasons you will want to be there this year! Here goes:
- We Rise By Lifting Others – One of the biggest things we have missed by not being able to do our events is how we support our Charities of Choice. This year, we’ll once again be supporting Kids Up Front and AAFS – by coming out to the event, you’ll be helping make great things happen for these amazing organizations.
- Never Miss A Beat! Beerfest will again feature the Village Brewing Music Stage featuring incredible local talent. You’ll also be able to check out the vibe in the legendary Cold Garden lounge where DJs will be spinning for the whole festival.
- Eat, Drink & Be Merry! In addition to the over 160 breweries, distilleries, cideries, meaderies and RTD (ready to drink beverages) you can sample at the festival, you’ll also be able to taste delicious food from over 25 fantastic local pubs, restaurants, and eateries. Yummy is spelled B-E-E-R-F-E-S-T!
- Be the Hermione Granger of Beerfest! – The ever-popular Hoppy Pass Brew Master Seminars and Cooking with Beer Seminars are back and will give you the chance to be the ‘Best In Your Year’ by learning what beers pair well with what foods and hearing cool stories behind the scenes of the breweries and distilleries. Then next time you’re trying to sound impressive – you’ll have cool stories to tell!
- An Experience Like No Other – We like to think our festivals are the best in the world – but with this year’s being held during Covid, being there will be something you can tell your grandkids about years from now. ‘Back in my day, we had to wear masks to the festival, and we weren’t even trying to rob it!’ Unique is cool – unique tells better stories – and this will be a unique year to come out to celebrate community and support local.
The Calgary International Beerfest is considered one of the premier beer festivals in the world – and despite the challenges, this year’s version is shaping up to be amazing! For tickets and information go to https://albertabeerfestivals.com/tickets/ and follow us @ABBeerfestivals
President – ABF
Not Receiving Our Email Announcements? Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved senders list and never miss an update!
Also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @abbeerfestivals for the latest updates.